Most days around here contain at least a few minutes of Joseph pushing the "sleep" button on our clock radio, turning up the volume, and wildly dancing on our bed while watching himself in the mirror opposite. It is very cute, sometimes fun to join in, and a good time to sneak a peak at my email since the computer is also in our room. Also, if I hold Caleb and bounce him up and down with Joseph, we all start laughing and it is good fun.
Happily for us, a few days ago Joseph accidentally spun the tuner dial instead of the volume, turning away from the horrendous smooth jazz station he's been fond of for so long, and landing on Jack 100.7. I'm not going to go so far as to admit that I really like much of the music that they play, but I do know the lyrics to pretty much every single song, and I have a story and memory from elementary school connected to almost every one. The other day he turned it on to "Wild Thing" followed by "Raspberry Beret." This definitely beats smooth jazz. There is another station in town 94.9 that sounds like somehow they got a hold of my mixed tapes from high school and play them repeatedly. It is startling to realize that I am so much a product of my generation and times, and that there are so many people who grew up listening to the exact same songs as I did that there are whole radio stations devoted to people just like us. Am I so predictable? This is also evident when thinking about baby names. Think you are original? Check out this very cool site to verify that you are, in fact, in lockstep with your generation in the names you named or are considering naming children.
2 comments:
I'm proud to say that I am not in lock step with my generation when it comes to names. Apparently the names I like were popular for my grandparents and great-grandparents: Wesley and Pearl. I guess that makes me a traditional gal.
Wow, Jessica! You really are original. I'm impressed :)
Gina
Post a Comment