
Last night we hosted a farewell bash for our good friends Jen, Mathias, and Lucy Mosinski, who are headed off after Mathias's graduation this week to gainful employment in San Jose. I first met Jen when, to her confusion and mild alarm, I answered her husband's cell phone on our first day in San Diego. (Mathias had generously come to help us move in when he heard in church the previous Sunday that someone needed help, and he and Nephi were bringing in something from the truck. He was expecting her call and asked me to answer the phone if it rang.) Since then we've loved eating good food together, playing Settlers of Catan, watching Lucy and Joseph play, and I've enjoyed book clubs and writing group with Jen. They are also the most entertaining Republican/Communist duo we know, having grown up during the 80s in Palo Alto and East Germany, respectively. Also, I sort of enjoy playing Boggle with Jen even though she wallops me every time and is a really bad winner, taunting me shamelessly for weeks. Nephi also has the unique distinction of having been in their living room after dropping by some curry for them to enjoy when Jen's water broke and she went into labor with Lucy. Auf wiedersehen, Mosinskis! We'll miss you!
No comments:
Post a Comment