Monday, June 13, 2011

Kehena

Friday we went and spent another day at Kehena, an absolutely beautiful beach not too far from where we are staying. And I brought the camera this time. When we got there around 10 it was almost deserted; as the afternoon wore on it got progressively more crowded.


There is lovely sand there for the boys to play in. The Hilo side of the island has very little sand, so it's a treat.


The surf is pretty big here; the boys have to be right next to Nephi or me to play in it. Joseph especially loves it. In the afternoon, I guess a few people asked Nephi if we were local because the kids seemed so comfortable in the water.




There is quite a bit of shade by the cliffs around the edges of the beach for Benjamin to hang out it. He's fighting a really nasty yeast diaper rash, so we let him go commando as much as possible these days to help it heal. He fits right in at Kehena.





I love these boys.


4 comments:

Linn said...

I LOVE all of your adventures and this chance you guys have to live in Hawaii for a bit! I am both thrilled and jealous every time I open your blog. :)

Ashlee said...

So funny, I bet people think you are "locals!" Benjamin naked makes you fit in perfectly!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

looks like you're all having a great time! i hope i'll see you in a few weeks at VBB! sounds like lake erie is good training for the pacific!

--maura

Kendra said...

"gO COMMANDO"....i LOVE IT! hE'S GETTING SO BIG ALREADY!