Monday, June 28, 2010

The Zoo

We spent two days at the National Zoo. According to our photographic record, the boys primarily climbed on bronze animal statues. I'll just share this one.




It is a nice zoo. The panda was eating bamboo, the big cats weren't all sleeping, and the invertibrate house was awesome. Surprisingly, one of the coolest things about the zoo was a huge foam pizza playground for the kids. I have no pictures, so you'll just have to imagine: olive tunnels. Cheese slides. Giant rolling pepperoni slices. I don't really get the connection between a zoo and a pizza either, but a good time was had by all nonetheless.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

My zoo pictures are 95% statue sitting as well. I am not sure why... I love the idea of a pizza play ground. We must have missed it when we went to that zoo.