Thursday, September 22, 2005

One of these nights...

Last week in the middle of the night, as Caleb woke me up again, I rolled over, noted the time and thought, "That was a two hour stretch of sleep - pretty good." This gave me pause. Then I thought, "NO! That is not pretty good!!!" and with that determined that it was time for Caleb to sleep through the night. My strategy with the boys so far has largely been to take cues on when they're ready for stuff, and then go with it. (This is partly because I'm lazy, and partly a philosophy). I never had to push sleeping through the night with Joseph, he just naturally grew into it, and I was hoping Caleb would do the same. But he's nine months old, and I was getting up three times a night to feed him, woken once or twice more by Joseph. In a word, it stunk. So two nights ago, it was all over. Caleb cried it out, but only twice and for about 20 minutes, and last night woke only once and cried for 15 minutes. Pretty painless, comparatively. We'll see how tonight goes, but one of these nights I'm going to sleep for eight hours straight, for the first time in months. Hallelujah.

No comments: