Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Choo choo!


We've had a good time around here since I finally got out the last of Joseph's birthday presents yesterday - a wooden train set from Great Grandma Nasca. (I know his birthday was a month and a half ago, but I wanted to wait until the newness of his birthday windfall had worn off.) He really likes it, and it's fun for me to play with too - arranging the track, town, farm animals, and train depot as an exercise in city planning. Here's the town center, located right by the mass transit station; here are the grazing farm animals on rural land soon to be bought out by developers and turned into exurbia (should I lay the track to discourage this, or bow to the inevitable?) Joseph's especially interested in the magnets that hold the train cars together - sometimes they pull two cars together, sometimes they repel. It was making him laugh last night, to Nephi's delight. "Every child a scientist," he said.

No comments: