The second week in May, Nephi was able to bless Benjamin and baptize and confirm Joseph at our church. It was a very sweet day, and family came from far and wide to celebrate with us. My parents came a few days early. We loved spending time with them, and of course my Mom helped with a million things around the house, fixing some paint issues in our room, planting some flowers, and helping get all the food ready for Saturday. My Dad spent lots of great time with Benjamin. I love seeing my Dad with my babies.
I put together a little slideshow of pictures of Joseph that we showed at the baptism. It is so cliche but so true that time goes so quickly.
At the service, Nephi's sisters Martha and Ellen sang a nice duet, his Mom played the piano, and his Dad and I gave talks. It was a really nice family day. Then everyone came back to our house for some food and time together. Martha and her family and Ellen had driven over all the way from Utah, and his brother Aaron flew in from Georgia. We really appreciated everyone's efforts to be with us; it meant a lot to Joseph to have all those people together on his specal day.
3 comments:
What a happy day for all of you! I absolutely love all of the photos.
I didn't know watching slideshows of other people's kids could make me cry. What beautiful, beautiful boys! I'm so happy for all of you!
Congratulations and many blessings on your family. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment