On Easter weekend we met Nephi's sister Martha and her family, Samuel, Ellen, and Nephi's parents over in the San Rafael Swell to camp for a night. It was a good time.
The weather was a bit chillier and wetter than one would hope for while camping, but not too bad. Benjamin was bundled up the whole time and again slept well and was more or less his happy self. But even he has his moments.
Friday after dinner the kids dyed Easter eggs, and that night we had a little devotional and sang some hymns around the campfire.
The next morning the kids looked for eggs in just about the prettiest location you could imagine.
It was nice to be together. Samuel headed up to Idaho the next week for a job with the forest service, so we were glad to see him before he left.
As we were packing up the next morning I noticed this. Now bearing in mind that there are a 13, 10, 8, 7, 6, and 5 year old on the premises, three of whom are girls, who do you think wrote this on the back of our dusty van? Nephi. Is that sweet, or what? A bit surprising, but sweet.
Then we headed off for a terrific hike through a lovely canyon. Again me with the rocks and the kids and the climbing and the bit of panic and nagging, though. But a really beautiful hike.
And that's how we celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary.

2 comments:
Happy Anniversary!
What a great anniversary! You're killing me with all of this desert camping. I'm filled with jealousy and yet I can't stop reading. Also, I spent a good portion of my youth climbing all over dangerous red-rock cliffs with my brother and I'm still alive. I'm sure the boys will be fine. ;)
Post a Comment