Another unexplained blogging hiatus... but here we are again. A few things that have been going on:
- Walking! Caleb took about five steps in a row today for the first time, and was mighty proud of himself. It is very exciting for him, and us!
- I met Mom at a Joseph Smith symposium in San Clemente on Saturday. Very interesting speakers, including Richard Bushman, author of the new Joseph Smith biography Rough Stone Rolling, which I am just so excited to read.
- Lots of lovely coldish rainy days. Seriously, it is such a relief to have a break from all the sunshine around here and have an excuse to stay inside all day once in awhile.
- Joseph continues to amaze with his, um, initiative. One morning while I was taking a shower, he grabbed a plate and pancake, then weasled a (full) bottle of vanilla and a bottle of curry powder out of the "child-proofed" spice drawer, and dumped both on top of the pancake. I think he thought the vanilla was syrup (incidentally, we don't have any syrup right now since he dumped the last bottle in a similar fashion on pancakes a few weeks ago). Luckily, they are both lovely scents to infuse our apartment with.
- I spent Friday afternoon strolling through the swanky La Jolla shops while Mom played with the boys at home. It was unexpectedly great fun, like stepping into a parallel universe or something. Sure, at first I thought $100 was a little steep for a t-shirt, or $150 for a little boy's jacket, but towards the end I hardly blinked. Really, it was pleasant to consider so many beautiful, artistic things - jewelry, art, food, clothes, shoes. And there is a terrific toy store down there with totally reasonable prices. Mostly there is a Thomas D. Mangelsen gallery with his breathtaking nature photography. I honestly almost started crying in there I was just so overwhelmed by how beautiful this world is, and how amazingly he captures it.
No comments:
Post a Comment