Yesterday we had a lovely afternoon evening when Mom and Dad came to visit. Joseph was so glad to see them arrive - he yelled "Baba!" in the Grandma/Grandpa neutral name he calls them and started bouncing around the apartment punching his balloons and excitedly showing off his Spiderman watch. Excited two year olds are very cute. We enjoyed some turkey soup and asparagus and mushroom casserole for dinner, and then Nephi and I got to head off to the Saturday evening session of our church's Stake Conference. Attending church without our kids is a completely different - and occasionally wonderful - experience. The theme was spiritual self-reliance, as apparently it will be at all Saturday-evening sessions of stake conferences throughout the whole church this year. I was very moved by the things that were said and have been reflecting a lot on what it means to have faith strong enough to be spiritually self-reliant. It I have felt optimistic about things I can do better and more meaningfully in my life to improve, so I feel confident that these feelings have been from God. It is so refreshing and motivating to feel the Spirit.
No comments:
Post a Comment