Dinner is served! A marvelous thing happened about two weeks ago - Joseph got an imagination. We first noticed it when the crusts from his breakfast toast started trotting around his tray making animal or car noises, and then it progressed to him occasionally handing us things that we couldn't see. Today, Joseph was playing in the kitchen, and he just pushed his box out into the living room where I was feeding Caleb. Apparently he had been cooking in there, because on the box was this lovely array of culinary masterpieces served in old pie tins. He served them each to me over and over and over. Boy was I full - but they were delicious. It is a wonderful thing to watch a little boy discover imagination. I am also hopeful that he will become so busy discovering lots of exciting imaginary things that he will occupy himself in ways other than getting into everything real!
No comments:
Post a Comment