Friday, January 07, 2011

Christmas aftermath with Grandparents

On Christmas afternoon, my parents flew in from Arizona to stay with us for a few days. So we all got to open even more presents. They were just in time to help put together lots of Lego sets, help with some bead stringing, play many, many games of Sleeping Queens, and witness some of Joseph's cool snap circuits.









As is becoming tradition whenever she comes to visit, I put my wonderful mother to work painting our house. She claims she really enjoys it, and she does such a great job it's hard not to take up her offers of help. But I think she's probably at least a tiny bit glad that we're running out of rooms to paint. This time around it was our bedroom - a nice blue that matches the duvet cover I got for Christmas. It is also becoming tradition that I change my mind about the color at least once, which she took in great spirits.

We really enjoyed their visit. They spoiled us all with gifts and help and love and attention. Thanks for spending a few days with us, Mom and Dad!

1 comment:

Mitchell Family said...

I think blue is the perfect color for bedrooms. Since I've been married we've had 3 blue bedrooms (and two with dirty white walls) Blue is such a nice peaceful, sleepy color.