Saturday, November 21, 2009

Basketball

Today marked the end of the basketball season for Joseph and Caleb. It only lasted three weeks. But it is amazing how much kids that age can improve in three weeks! Also, I was one of Joseph's team's coaches. I know! They were sending out lots of really desperate sounding emails because no one was willing to volunteer, so finally I did, and my friend Amanda coached with me. Her husband also helped out a LOT by corralling Caleb and Isaac during our practice since Nephi had to teach at that time and I had to bring them with me. Here's most of our team:

Caleb loves sports, and he's pretty good, too.
Joseph is always disappointed that he's not a superstar without ever having played a sport before. I'm not sure if team sports are his thing - mostly a temperament mismatch more than a talent mismatch. We'll see. But he did really well today and felt proud that he got third place in the bounce pass competition.
He really wanted his team to win the dribbling relay race! (And they did. Go Green!)
Isaac hid in small places.
Overall, it actually was a good few weeks. But mostly in retrospect. The logistics of getting everyone fed and to practice and in the right clothes and running the practice that I was in charge of really dominated my day, and not always in a good way. It's going to kill me when my kids really get into activities in a few years.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

You are so good, Gina.

And what you said about Joseph being disappointed about not automatically being a superstar describes David exactly. Sigh.

kim said...

I know what you mean about it dominating your day--we have 2 classes on tuesday afternoons and I feel like our entire day rotates around those and its so stressful for me, and yet, thats really it for activities we've paid for (meaning, I feel like we have to go every week to make it worth it.) I can't imagine what it will feel like when I have several things a week. It makes me scared.