Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Poor me

I've spent the last two days sick. Last night was the worst - a fever of 100 with drugs, and as they would wear off it would go up to 103. I remembered a conversation I had with my Mom when I was very little - maybe 4 - and sick. She was taking care of me, and I asked her, "Mom, who takes care of you if you get sick?"
"Moms don't get sick," she said.
"Really?"
"Well, if we are sick we just have to act like we're not so we can take care of the kids."
I remember the conversation because it seemed like it would be so miserable. I was right.

But today I'm feeling, if not completely well, much much better. Hooray! And I've already fed Joseph something healthy today instead of the generic Cheese Nips I dumped on the kitchen table yesterday for him to nibble on.

2 comments:

ellen said...

Sorry to hear about your sickness. It seems like a whole lot of people are sick, and all over the world. One of our nurses is from France and was home visiting and people there were even sick. Hope you feel better soon. Love you all over there in southern Cal! -ellen

JessAum said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm sending healing thoughts and prayers your way!