Thursday, May 27, 2010

Quick catch up AND our Grand East Coast Tour!!

I haven't blogged for awhile, and there are posts I've been meaning to do. I'm tired of not blogging until I "catch up", so here they are in brief.

Isaac turned 3 and is cute! We love him!

My mom visited and painted the boys' room. One wall is all camo and looks FABULOUS. My mom is amazing.

We went camping near Little Wildhorse Canyon one very windy weekend. We did an 8 mile hike with the kids through the awesome slot canyons and everyone lived to tell the tale. Boys had a fabulous time watching sage brush ignite in the campfire.

We went camping in Moab another weekend with Nephi's sister Martha and her family, and his sister ellen. Good times!

I'm working from home about 15 hours a week doing software for a local company. Love it.

Nephi acquired some nice rock climbing gear and is busy converting lots of his friends into climbing buddies. Also he has climbed three 14ers already this year. He *loves* Colorado.

There. Now I'm caught up. Maybe I'll expand on those thoughts one day. Maybe not. But now I can move on and tell you all about our super duper east coast extravaganza that started today!! We're going on a six week trip. (How awesome is Nephi's job with summers off?!!) We made it to Saint Louis today after about 15 hours of driving and a 4:30 start. The boys were amazing, all things considered. Joseph even puked *into* the bowl provided for that very purpose and immediately felt better! Isaac had a huge potty training triumph at a rest stop! (btw, did NOT intend to be involved with potty training on this trip. But what do you do when your kid initiates it, even a few weeks before a huge road trip? Encourage him, of course...) We read a few chapters of Harry Potter and didn't even have to resort to the DVD player. Tomorrow we finish the distance to Nephi's brother's home in north Georgia and enjoy a few days with his family. We're looking forward to it!!

PS - In case any of my blog readers are thinking maybe this would be a good time to break into our house since I'm posting about being gone for six weeks on the internet, too bad. There are people staying there. Really. Plus, we own almost nothing that would be of any worth on the black market, and the few moderately nice electronics that we own are with us. Find someone else who recklessly posts about her life online on a non-password-protected blog.

3 comments:

kim said...

Love the PS :)

Have a great road trip--I love jobs with summers off. Too bad that's not life right now for us.

If you guys are passing through Charlotte and want a stop, we'd love to see you!

Linn said...

Have a fabulous trip! That PS. made me laugh hard!

Jen said...

hey I hope you enjoy your trip. If you decided to go North ever and see Palmyra, you are more than welcome to crash with us. And I thought I heard that you might be sub-leasing from our cousin in DC. Any have a fun trip.