I just wanted to mark the passing of a day when my children were absolutely charming most of the time! Isaac had his one year checkup this morning, and even though it involved lots of waiting and going to two separate offices (one for lab work) they were patient, well behaved, and generally nice to be around! I was just waiting for someone to stop and compliment me on what lovely children I have. No one did, but that's ok. I'm sure a few people thought it; it's just that kind of day.
This afternoon they have been taking turns throwing birthday parties for each other, pretending various things are cakes, singing, and playing party games. All of this with no intervention on my part! It is so cute! It is so pleasant! It is so nice to feel like maybe I'm doing something right, or at least not doing things terribly wrong and turning them into disobedient, crazy tv junkies!
2 comments:
Of course you're doing something right. Most things I'd say. I just joined the online world--stunned to see how big your boys are (and not tan or blonde!)
I just found your blog! Hooray! It is so fun to see some familiar faces. I'm enjoying catching up with you. I can't believe that its been a year since you had number three. It just seems like yesterday. Good to see you again!
Post a Comment