Thursday, April 17, 2008

The front yard on a day like today

 


 


 


I was going to just post a funny little quip about how much Joseph needs a haircut, which he really, really does, but looking at these pictures I just felt so nostalgic about how lovely the weather was today and how nice it was to spend some time in our front yard with the boys this morning. All Isaac wants to do these days is crawl around exploring outside. Joseph just wants to dig in the dirt and fly model airplanes with the neighbors. Caleb wants to play basketball and football and read books and cuddle. It is all very lovely. It's late at night and I'm feeling unaccountably emotional. I just spent a good amount of time reading Readers Digest and hysterically laughing at the jokes section and crying because it's so sad that Randy Pausch will die and leave his kids. It's just the mood I'm in that Readers Digest doesn't even seem trite or annoying. Forgive me.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I have also been following the story of Randy. I know that he is a living miracle each day. I feel that Heavenly Father has been very merciful to him. I wish for a miracle for him and his family. I know that he is doing so much good for others.

On a different note, I'm glad that your family was enjoying such a nice day...spending time outside!

JessAum said...

The boys are all so handsome! And what hair!

I think sometimes trite reading, a la Reader's Digest, is exactly what we need. Reading doesn't all have to be intellectually stimulating or profound!

I'm so happy the warm weather looks like it's here to stay for a while. I've needed to dust off the skirts and pretty warm-weather clothes. I've missed my flip-flops!

Faith said...

Hi Gina,

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. It was fun to find out that you started blogging again and to catch up on what you and Nephi and your boys are doing. Your boys are super cute. I love the curls!