Monday, January 28, 2008
Farewell, President Hinckley
I was moved this morning to hear the news of the passing of Gordon B. Hinckley, president and beloved prophet of our church. He was a man who loved the Lord. His humility, wit, vast experience, good will for all people, and obvious intellect made him someone easy to take counsel from. He will be missed by many, many people, our family included. But I can't feel too sad. He can be with his wife Marjorie again, who died four years ago and whom he has missed terribly, and his life was worn out by 98 years of gentle service. Godspeed, President Hinckley.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hey Gina,
Yes! Come back to the blogosphere. :) I try to include it on my list of Sunday activities (updating the blog) since I haven't written an honest-to-goodness letter in years.
The boys are adorable. Happy soon to be first birthday, Isaac!
Love
Molly
Post a Comment