Thursday, August 24, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

Thanks to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday! For my birthday this year, Gina and I went to Seattle and Olympic National Park without the boys.


Gina's parents kindly watched our children splash for hours in their swimming pool, jumping off the rocks and going down the waterslide.

We enjoyed seeing Ken and Mindy who are settling into their new house just in time for Ken's upcoming book tour and the birth of their daughter, who big brother-to-be Dylan has named Basically.

The Olympics were beautiful. I had an especially enjoyable hike up to the High Divide overlooking Mt. Olympus.


We were both enchanted by the Pacific beaches.


Mostly, it was nice to be together without distractions. It felt like we were traveling together like we used to before we had kids.

1 comment:

JessAum said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm glad to see y'all had a lovely time, and Uncle Carl & Aunt Mary had fun with the boys. Those pictures are gorgeous.