Wednesday, June 08, 2005

A day in the life of the mother of a 2 year old

Life with a two year old is sometimes... well, let today speak for itself. I came out of my shower which I took on my own (unwisely, as will soon become apparent), brushed my hair, and wondered if I was going grey only to realize after putting on my glasses that those were actually streaks of diaper cream that my brush had been laced with while I was in the shower. Yuck. Later I came dashing into the kitchen when I smelled smoke to find three bagels and an entire block of cheese being toasted in the toaster oven, and another bagel in the blender (which Joseph had gotten out of the cabinet and put together, and thankfully not plugged in). This evening on my way out the door before a meeting I thought I'd brush my teeth, to find that my toothbrush was soaked with hand soap from the bathroom sink (it tastes awful, by the way).

On another note, we sang 27 verses of Old McDonald this afternoon, one for each animal on the 27 blocks we own. What noise do you think a kangaroo makes? Or a turtle?

Earlier in the checkout line at the grocery store earlier today, the checker told me I had beautiful children, and she was right.

No comments: