Saturday, May 16, 2015

Spring goings on

Some odds and ends from this spring...

Caleb and some kids from his fourth grade class at school presented to our town council their concerns about an unsafe crosswalk in New Castle and some suggestions for fixing it. Here is one reason that living in a small town in great: Caleb's teacher was there with them, and she noted that her high school government teacher was also there in the capacity as a county commissioner, and now here she was with her students teaching them about government. Good things get passed down the generations, and people know who you are. The town council was exceptionally kind and wonderful to the kids.

Nephi went to Chicago for a conference. He was there when they turned the river green.

Isaac built things.

I became the Young Women's President in our ward, which means I am in charge of working with the teenaged girls at our church. I had been a counselor in the presidency, but our wonderful president and her family moved to Denver. I work with amazing women who help me enormously, and the girls are great. It is a lot of work, though.

Easter happened!


Joseph had his spring band concert. This year has been amazing for him in band. He started playing the tenor saxophone in addition to the clarinet this year and has loved it. A few months ago some older students in the jazz band at his school invited him to come practice with them before school. So most mornings he wakes up early, practices his piano, then practices his clarinet and saxophone, then walks up to school early to play with the jazz band. It's all his initiative, and so great to see. He's pretty good, too!

Isaac built more things, and Ben made adorable faces. Ben has started building with the Keva blocks, too, and I've been pretty impressed, actually. I'll have to get some pictures.

No comments: