Sunday, March 01, 2015

Winter

Here are some odds and ends from winter so far.

 Monday mornings have been lovely this semester. Nephi and I both have Monday mornings free, so while Ben is at preschool we've taken a lovely walk up behind the school and our neighborhood. It's been really nice to have the quiet time together and be outside.

Caleb and Isaac have gone skiing a few times this winter and had a good time. They skied their first black last time they went!

We had a very strange January and February weather-wise. It felt like spring the whole time and all the snow melted. Weeks on end were in the 50s and even 60s. One afternoon we went to the playground in shorts and t-shirts. It was nice! But a little disconcerting. At the end of February winter came back a bit and it snowed again.


One weekend Caleb and Isaac had a basketball game in Meeker (about an hour away) so we were able to visit with Nephi's uncle James and his wife Kelly and their adorable new baby. Nephi's parents came up too.

I got a treadmill desk! Ask me more if you're interested, but so far I really love it. I spend an hour or so each day strolling along while I work on the computer instead of hunched over in a chair, and I think it will make a big difference for me health-wise in the long term.

AND it came with complementary boxes that made a perfect upper-bunk fort that Ben loves and calls his "fork."




Also, these arrived!!! Passports for the kids! More details to come, but this summer is going to be very exciting!

In other news, I feel a lot less busy than last semester which is lovely for us all. I'm teaching two sections of Trigonometry for the local community college and think it's going pretty well. And I'm taking the second semester of Income Tax, which is pretty intense but interesting. It's about the same amount that I had on my plate last semester, but I think I'm just more organized and prepared for it all.

No comments: