Thursday, January 08, 2015

Thanksgiving with the Thompsons

This year we hosted Thanksgiving dinner with some of the Thompsons at our house. Samuel arrived a few days early and mentored the boys on making excellent pie crust the night before the big day.

The feast was, of course, abundant and delicious. I can't recommend Alton Brown's turkey roasting method highly enough. I think I've been using it for about five years, and every time the turkey actually tastes good. I don't even bother with the brining part of it; just the high temperature part.




After the meal we put Nephi's dad and Samuel to work installing a new sliding door in the basement. They did a fantastic job and we really, really appreciated their help. We offered them a piece of pie when they were done.

The day after Thanksgiving we spent at Colorado National Monument in Grand Junction. It was very beautiful and the kids loved climbing all over with their cousins. I was moderately stressed out but yet once again no one plunged to their death, so it's all good.





1 comment:

Bethany said...

Looks like you all had a great feast for Thanksgiving. Glad to see you all together and I love the new sliding door.