And I loved seeing these lovely people, who all have such a warmth to them.
We were so happy to arrive at Van Buren. The evening of our first day there looked like this, with family gathered on the patio after a good dinner watching the amazing sunset.
The boys paddled out after dinner. It was like a dream, it was so beautiful.
The lake is so moody. Sometimes it looks like this, also stunning.
We spent many hours gathered on the beach, playing games and relaxing.
And on the patio.
The cousins spent days on end playing out on these two rafts, and the sailboat was taken out quite a few times.
The annual tea party on the beach.
Evenings playing and fiddling and digging on the beach.
July Fourth brought many festivities, starting with the kids' bike parade.
It was a blessing to be able to spend some time with my Grandma. She is quite a few years in to her Alzheimer diagnosis. It has been hard. I also got to meet my cousin's adorable new baby.
Turns out Ben is a bit of a daredevil and even had a great time on the Tilt-A-Whirl.
This year the cousins just had a really wonderful time playing together. Maya and Ben in particular had a special bond.
But the nicest thing is spending time with my family. My sister was with us for part of the time and I loved seeing her.
The amazing women whose hard work make our special summer memories possible, my Mom and her sister Lynn. They own the home where we stay and generously invite us there and make us feel so welcome. They spent their childhood summers on these same beaches as their grandchildren do now. It's a beautiful thing. Thank you!!!
1 comment:
I LOVE all of these recent posts. So fun to see pictures of your family and all of your adventures. And mostly, I just love the way you write. I can hear your voice when I read it and I think that is something unusual to be able to do. So, so fun! And that picture of Ben in the airplane (?)...I love it so much. You guys are fantastic!
Post a Comment