The end of March brought Joseph's birthday, and, incredibly, he turned ten. Watching Joseph settle into himself a bit over this last while has been wonderful. He just seems to be in a good place - more comfortable with who he is and what he likes and who he wants to become. We were happy to celebrate him.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, all fourth graders in the valley get a free season pass to the local ski mountain, so we jumped on the chance to have a ski birthday celebration up there with his friends. They skied all day, and I brought up some pizzas and birthday cake for lunch. We slightly misgauged the spread in skiing ability and it was a little crazy for Nephi trying to keep everyone safe and accounted for, but it all worked out.
Joseph decorated his cake with bunny Peeps roasting marshmallows (other cut-up Peeps, sickos) over a birthday candle bonfire.
Joseph had a great day with friends, and we were so happy it worked out.
Happy birthday, my sweet, double-digit Joseph.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Joseph! This old lady remembers when you were much younger than ten. And what great fun for a party(except for the person that actually had to keep everyone alive and safe during it). Glad your day was happy!
Happy (belated) birthday, Joesph!
I love. LOVE his birthday cake. I'm at work (shhh!) and actually clapped.
...have you ever roasted Peeps over a campfire? They caramelize nicely!
Thanks, Linn and Jessica! I'm glad you liked the cake :) Peeps are a sort of Thompson family March/April institution. We have, indeed, roasted them over campfires. But mainly we blow them up in the microwave into funny shapes before eating. I'm not a huge fan, but the boys love them.
Post a Comment