Sunday, October 10, 2010

14ers

As many of you know, I was able to climb 19 of the 54 Colorado 14ers this year. I decided to document them here.

The first one was Quandry Peak near Breckenridge


Then Grays and Torreys Peaks




Next, Jared and I backpacked into the Chicago Basin and climbed Windom, Sunlight, and Mt. Aeolus




Then we did the Wetterhorn - Uncompahgre combination




Next we made the long trek up Longs Peak



After that, we tackled Capitol, with its amazing knife-edge ridge



Then Elbert with my brother Samuel


Jared and I finished off the summer with a trip to the Sangre de Cristos where we climbed Humboldt, Kit Carson, Challenger Point




Followed by Crestone Needle and Crestone Peak



As a bonus, we also had enough time to climb Mt. Lindsey


Finally, we concluded our season with a fall climb of Harvard and Columbia.

4 comments:

Stephen Tanner said...

Hooray!

Now you just need to ford every stream, and follow every rainbow, until you find your dream :)

Kendra said...

WOW! Some beautiful sights!. Although just looking at you standing on some of those "Tops" makes my stomach do flips.

And I take it that the green t-shirt is your climbing t-shirt....?:)

Jessica N said...

I'm amazed at all the energy you have for scaling large chunks of rocks!

Really, I'm just generally impressed. Wow! The photographs are gorgeous...thanks for sharing.

Mitchell Family said...

Bill said the other day, "You know I'm kind of a little jealous of Nephi." I answered, "Only a little?" I can't imagine a better way to spend the summer. Thanks for the photos and the marmot photo. Ruth