Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy Pi Day!

Hope you all enjoyed your Pi Day (3-14) last week. We decided to have a little pie party in the spirit of being social in a geeky-yet-delicious sort of way. If you can believe it, I couldn't find any store bought decorations whatsoever, so we had to make our own.





Then guests showed up bringing pies, and we ate a lot and had a lovely evening. I made my grandma's strawberry glazed pie, but feel like I kind of shamed her because I didn't cook the glaze long enough for it to thicken properly. But still, so delicious.

5 comments:

kim said...

I love strawberry pie! We wanted to have some pie that night to celebrate, but we got lazy and didn't feel like making one. Maybe next year.

Michelle said...

You are crazy! I love that you celebrate pi day. :) What an awesome idea...I'll definitely have to steal that idea for next year since Zach is our resident math whiz. On a side note, I see your piano in the background. Are the boys taking lessons yet? I'm trying to decide when to start Zach and Henry on music lessons. Henry really seems drawn to pianos when he's around them. Zach may want to play guitar "like Bob Dylan".

Gina said...

Michelle, they haven't officially started lessons yet. Nephi is teaching Joseph from some books we have. Nephi thinks it is fun, wherease the thought of being my kids' piano teacher makes me want to cry. But Joseph is making a bit of progress and enjoying it, so we'll keep at it for as long as it seems to be working. It's hard to know the right age to start.

Valerie said...

Hilarious!

Kendra said...

Love it!