Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 in status updates

I'm on Facebook and update my status there sort of regularly, but - trust me - nowhere near as often as some people. I think my status updates there are probably a pretty good - although quite long - summary of our year. What this doesn't capture, though, are the exchanges that followed many of these updates from some of my very favorite people ever. It is wonderful to me that so many people I dearly love are all gathered on Facebook, and sometimes I get to have conversations with several of them at once. At any rate, here is my year is status updates, in reverse order and with questionable formatting. Also, you should know that the statuses display with "Gina Thompson" preceding the statements.

• is ringing in the New Year by painting the downstairs bathroom orange, hanging a few new lights, and putting up some new shelving. I can't let my parents visit without a few home improvement projects! 11 minutes ago
• loves having my sister and parents here to visit! And a nice snowy day to spend together at home. Lovely. Yesterday at 12:00pm
• is sorry to see Nephi's sister and her family leave. It was so great having five extra kids around for my kids to play with. I'd love to have five more kids! But only if they came with two extra adults to take care of them... Mon at 10:02am
• Santa hitting homerun with Geotrax and a lovely few days with family = very good. Little boy with mild concussion from sledding = very sad. December 26 at 6:51pm
• thinks it's pretty fun being One of Those Grown Ups who pretends maybe the kids aren't getting any presents tomorrow morning. Even though I thought Those Grown Ups were really irritating and unconvincing as a kid. December 24 at 8:40am
• just watched some videos from two years ago of my kids and is dying of cuteness. December 21 at 1:49pm
• finished The Grapes of Wrath. It didn't make we weep like I expected...I just kept feeling the deep sadness I felt the whole book through. It did end just like it should have. I think I've never read such an anti-capitalist book. December 18 at 12:28pm
• is afraid the ending of The Grapes of Wrath is going to kill me. Somehow I've survived this long without either reading it or knowing how it ends, so NO SPOILERS. I just have this strange feeling that it's not going to be a happily ever after sort of thing. December 17 at 3:43pm
• is going to somehow serve oysters for dinner. I'm such a sucker for "manager specials!" If it's something interesting that I've never had before, I think why not give it a try for such a low, low price? Then I get home and have two jars of oysters to deal with. Also, some mushroom brie. December 15 at 2:15pm
• If your mom just got a fluffy, lush, shaggy white area rug for the living room (yessss!) wouldn't your first thought be: awesome place to build an army base, let's get right to it? If not, maybe you're not a six year old boy. December 9 at 4:32pm
• It's cold outside. I just went to weather.com to see the temperature and it said -16, feels like -32. Can that possibly be right?!?!? December 9 at 8:36am
• does not like Mannheim Steamroller. There's just no getting around it. I've tried, folks. December 7 at 1:57pm
• is just going to call the Christmas letter good. Is it too boring? Too braggy? Too standard? Too flashy? I don't know. But we have a picture this year of our family that is mostly decent, so we HAVE to send one. Can't let it go to waste... who knows when it will happen again? December 6 at 8:38pm
• Christmas tree is in our living room! Smelling lovely! Children running around like crazies with excitement! Husband zoning out with college football, avoiding trying to make the tree actually stand up in the stand and hang the outside lights! I'm getting out all the decorations, feeling kind of overwhelmed and clutter...ed, and considering Christmas cards! Christmas is on the way! December 5 at 1:22pm
• thinks it is funny, and very bizarre, that Caleb has a serious phobia of Mrs. Peacock. Pull out your Clue game and look at the picture of Mrs. Peacock! She is not scary looking!! But he is genuinely freaked out by her. This has gone on for months. December 4 at 8:07pm
• Not to brag or anything... but I did just replace a broken part on our toilet, add two shelves to an armoire, and replace the backs on two armoires. I did confirm that I definitely fall on the "novice" end of the "hammer proficiency" scale. December 3 at 2:17pm
• had a fantastic day with the family in Moab. We hiked to delicate arch - and not even one of my boys fell off a sandstone precipice that they wouldn't stop sprinting up. It was beautiful. Finished it off with a swim in the hotel pool and some Thai food. Can't emphasize enough how much I prefer this to a day at the mall or Best Buy. November 27 at 7:54pm
• is thankful for dishwashers that clean all the dirty dishes with almost no effort. November 26 at 5:05pm
• finally hung pictures. We've only lived here for four months... It feels so homey now! Sweet potato soufflĂ© is ready to pop in the oven tomorrow, cranberry-orange relish is made, turkey is brining. Happy thanksgiving everyone! November 25 at 7:25pm
• just bought woopie cushions for stocking stuffers for my boys. I hate myself already. November 24 at 7:
• is pretty sure I'm going to brine the turkey this year. Just to mix things up a little. November 23 at 4:52pm
• is never going to get tired of watching Planet Earth (the BBC documentaries). It's turning into a very nice Sunday evening family tradition. November 22 at 8:22pm
• really likes the "new" couch and loveseat we got for our living room today. Craig's list wins again! November 21 at 1:27pm
• Basmati rice is definitely one of my very favorite smells. November 20 at 5:16pm
• hot milk with a bit of sugar and almond extract = new favorite part of winter. November 18 at 2:36pm
• My car fits in my garage again!!! Happy, happy, happy day!! This will be the first winter in my life to have a car in a garage. *I'm* going to be one of those people driving around with no ice or snow on my car! The sliding doors won't freeze shut every frosty morning! I think this means I've really arrived. November 16 at 3:39pm
• cut three little boys' hair today. Feeling very accomplished. They were looking a little moppy. Ok, really moppy. But still cute. But now they are a bit more presentable. November 14 at 8:34pm
• always feels so grateful for my religious beliefs after reading Sandra Tsing Loh's articles in the Atlantic. November 14 at 11:44am
• is learning to text message to communicate with teenagers at church. I have never sent a text message in my life. Here's what I want to know. Will I look ridiculous if I do or do not use shortcuts like "2" or "U". If I spell things out will I seem like an old fogey? If I use shortcuts will I look like an old person trying to seem hip but failing? People my age - what do you do when you text? November 12 at 3:
• is listening to her 2 year old sing himself to sleep in his crib. He's singing "Check it out now, the funk soul brother" if you must know. Cracking me up. November 11 at 9:16pm
• thinks it's amazing how different kids are. I couldn't get my oldest son to sound out "it" to save my life before he started school (although he reads fine now). Caleb, on the other hand, reads through all Joseph's books he brings home from school. "I'm just practicing for when I'm in first grade," he says. He's got an iron will, and is pretty smart besides. November 6 at 1:18pm
• survived the first basketball practice as "coach". The six and seven year olds weren't nearly as scary or unruly as I had feared... I think they even had fun! November 2 at 8:48pm
• is kind of... bemused by Facebook's suggestions as to what I should do to friends. It currently suggests I "poke" Suzanne. It has recently suggested I "make Facebook better" for Kelly, Arnie and Adam. If I can make Facebook better for you, friends, please let me know, but I doubt I can. And I will refrain from poking you. November 1 at 9:15pm
• is taking the NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) challenge. Our family blog will be updated pretty often if you're interested. November 1 at 5:00pm
• just read the headline "Obama administration tries to block wiretap suit" and this is what I thought: "Is there some sort of spy suit a person can wear that records phone conversations or something? Wierd." I'm choosing to chuckle about it and put in on FB as a funny little misunderstanding instead of worrying too much about my brain...October 31 at 12:26pm
• can tell it's almost Halloween because Joseph decided three minutes before it was time to leave for school today that he didn't like his costume, I ate a peanut butter cup for breakfast, and we're on day three of snow. (Wait, snow before Halloween?! Yup).October 30 at 11:38am
• wants to brag about a supermom moment. Just came in from playing in the snow with my kids (had all the essential snow gear in the correct sizes, btw) to take homemade bread out of the oven. I know!!! October 28 at 11:49am
• At long last, some pictures of the tile project I've been chattering on about for weeks... 6 new photos October 27 at 3:34pm
• really enjoyed the hike up to Hanging Lake with the family this morning... even though it was 26 deg when we started out and didn't have gloves. But hey, it was 42 by the time we finished, and all's well that ends well :) It was beautiful, Joseph walked the whole way, and Nephi heroically carried two children much of the way up. October 26 at 4:08pm
• is going to attempt to cook noodles in the microwave (kitchen still not put back together). And is also going to attempt to be a 6-7 year old basketball coach (they are desperate!). Which seems like a worse idea? October 21 at 6:24pm
• Tile update: looks BEAUTIFUL. But not quite done. Should finish up tomorrow...October 18 at 7:43pm
• is having a really nice time here in Utah. I'm amazed by how much I feel at home here even after having been gone for so long, and how beautiful and close the mountains are. Also noticed this trip how many tacky billboards there are along the interstate here, how many women with extreme frosted hair, and how many pregnant women. I hear things are going well on the tile front at home, too. Can't wait to see it!! October 17 at 9:10am
• 1600 screws, about 400 to go. If I never see a drill again I'll be a happy woman. My poor aching hands! I'm SURE that I'm getting the better part of this deal, taking the boys tomorrow morning to visit family and friends while Nephi gets to keep having fun with the tile :) October 14 at 7:50pm
• would like to advise everyone against any home improvement projects. Tile projects in particular. They stink. But if - against your better judgment - you do undertake one, a husband who is a really hard worker and remains pleasant company throughout is highly recommended. October 13 at 7:50pm
• The tile project is officially underway. Entire main floor is pretty much torn up - we're at the point of no return. Exciting! And lots and lots of work. October 10 at 2:55pm
• Nobel Peace Prize = Embarrassing. And I really like Obama. October 9 at 8:33am
• nothing beats pleasant people and good customer service in the midst of a problem to make things better. October 7 at 12:50pm
• Can of primer spilled on front sidewalk is now cleaned up! How did it get spilled? Thing 1 threw it at Thing 2. (!) Why was it available to throw? Because paint cans were part of their bike obstacle course. (!) Moral of the story - do not store paint cans in garage! October 3 at 1:15pm
• LOVED President Uchtdorf's talk. October 3 at 12:09pm
• is amazed by how many of my FB friends are concert-going-U2 fans! I can practically tell their concert schedule by status updates. If I did one of those pie chart analyses of my friends and one of the questions was "U2 fans," it would be like 92% red. October 1 at 12:24pm
• is really, really overthinking which six pictures to send to school with Joseph for his week as a "Superkid." But it's so fun to look through all the old pictures! September 26 at 1:02pm
• At least when your third kid out of three gets the stomach flu, you know you're almost done. September 22 at 6:00pm
• is off to drive 2 1/2 hours and stay in a hotel to go to Stake Conference. Our stake is HUGE! But it will be a fun adventure, and there's babysitting during the adult session tonight, and pool at the hotel, and a family dance tonight, and we'll have a good time. September 19 at 12:44pm
• loves that I can get my 2 year old to wear what I want by holding up two choices and suggesting the one that I don't want him to wear. Works like clockwork. September 17 at 8:06am
• First soccer game ever and BOTH BOYS scored goals. Total success!! I can already smell the scholarships... :) September 11 at 6:14pm
• is now PTAC secretary AND a real soccer mom AND drives a mini-van (but not to soccer practice or school - we've got bikes for that.) I've kind of been dreading this stage forever, but it's not so bad. My kids are worth it. September 11 at 2:08pm
• RISE AND SHOUT! September 5 at 8:26pm
• gets to do yoga again! It feels great. Hooray! September 4 at 5:01pm
• thinks no one should die because they cannot afford health care, and no one should go broke because they get sick. If you agree, go call/write your elected representatives and tell them so, because they are NOT reading your Facebook wall. September 4 at 7:56am
• is amazed by how much smog we're getting from the California fires - it's really hazy here. Also, Joseph is singing an Avril Lavigne song. August 31 at 7:17pm
• has a 6yo scared to death of bigfoot after seeing a show on Discovery channel on Saturday. Did I do more harm or good by making everyone watch Harry and the Hendersons just now? By 3am I'll know - either I'll be asleep, or laying on the floor in his room with the lights on...August 24 at 7:12pm
• just sent Joseph off to first grade, and his first year of full day school. I'm wondering why I don't feel more nostalgic or conflicted... I even forgot to take a picture. I'm excited for him (and for us, too). He'll do great. August 17 at 8:50am
• My 4yo Caleb reported that they played spin the bottle in his class at church today. Still laughing. August 16 at 7:04pm
• was so glad to find a decent area rug at a garage sale and get the big blue tarp out from under the kitchen table! As Joseph said, this looks "much more fashionable." August 14 at 2:15pm
• is totally shocked by how much I'm getting into decorating and redoing this house. I've never really cared before, and now I can't stop googling kitchen counters and backsplashes. Lets hope my enthusiasm runs out before our money...August 13 at 3:47pm
• had a great hike with the family tonight. Joseph and Caleb walked the whole way on their own (MAJOR milestone), and we saw a buck and two does. August 10 at 9:38pm
• loves Craig's list! Two beds, a bike, and a small wooden table for $70. And I always meet the nicest people and get to explore new neighborhoods, too. August 7 at 9:52pm
• is home improving with Nephi and my parents. Hacksaws, paintbrushes, drills... it's going to look great! Pink bedroom = gone. Pink bathroom with tacky wood hardware = on the way out. Lots of money = gone. August 4 at 9:16pm
• thinks it is so TYPICAL and irritating that the vanity in our bathroom with the ugly counter is not a standard size. Sigh. (These are the types of problems one wants to have, I suppose... fretting over bathroom vanities.) July 30 at 1:38pm
• Just got back from camping in the mountains. One hour from our house, amazing drive, beautiful wildflowers, lovely campsite. July 25 at 11:48am
• is researching terra cotta floor tiles. If anyone has any experience, please share! July 22 at 3:56pm
• Bought the house... and really like it! All our stuff arrived in good condition and on time, and we've almost got it all out of boxes. But wow, moving is really a lot of work. Love the neighborhood. So far, so good! July 18 at 9:02pm
• Ultra full day! Hotel pool swimming and playground time for the kids while Nephi and I took turns going to the Denver temple, then an afternoon at the Natural History Museum, then a drive into the mountains and through amazing Glenwood Canyon, topped off by more hotel swimming. Tomorrow we sign away our life and buy a house and don’t drive anywhere for a long time. July 14 at 9:45pm
• had a successful long-haul driving day after spending some nice time with friends in Iowa. The hills in Iowa are surprisingly pretty! And even though you know it will be beforehand, Nebraska is still surprisingly flat. We're in Denver tonight. July 13 at 8:04pm
• had a great day with the family yesterday swimming in the hotel pool, then seeing Carthage Jail (where Joseph Smith was martyred) and Nauvoo (a city on the Mississippi the early Mormons built before they left for the west.) Those Mormon pioneers were so incredible. I’m honored to be able to claim that heritage. July 12 at 7:19am
• I thought I was exaggerating in my last comment, but now I think I was not. We're almost 8 hours into them loading our stuff, and we don't have that much stuff. Also, it looks like it's not all going to fit, so maybe they'll strap some stuff like mattresses to the back of the truck (!) July 10 at 2:35pm
• I appear to have the worlds slowest movers packing all our stuff in a truck right now. But they are friendly and seem careful, so I won't complain too much...July 10 at 11:25am
• thinks great neighbors are such a blessing. Thanks, Braddock Street gang! It's been wonderful living among you all. We'll miss you! July 9 at 7:28pm
• is starting to feel nostalgic. I walked around the neighborhood today and thought about all the terrific people we've met here in Dayton. We head out tomorrow...July 9 at 7:30am
• I just left my 2yo at the computer listening to a Barney song at PBS kids. When I came back a few minutes later (after packing a box, I might add!) he was applying for credit at Lowes. And I'm not even kidding. July 2 at 9:36am
• wants to encourage everyone to post lots of interesting updates and pictures so I can continue to procrastinate packing boxes. I've already vacuumed my car so I can't do that again...July 1 at 3:32pm
• Months after first hearing this, I still think this live version of Bob Dylan's Shelter From the Storm is one of the best songs EVER. It's so catchy and upbeat! But still kind of poetic and lovely. Love it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRwKudE2QdwBob Dylan - Shelter From the Storm (1976) June 30 at 2:38pm
• I'm kind of scaring myself with all the things I'm thinking of spending money on once we move. I think when it comes to actually paying for stuff my old stingy self will resurface, but at the moment I'm feeling a little extravagant. June 29 at 12:42pm
• thinks it's just as well we're leaving Ohio before her kids become hard-core NASCAR fans. June 27 at 2:00pm
• I'm just hoping that MJ somehow is experiencing this eruption of love that people have for him... He seems to have been one of the loneliest, most tortured people during his life, a true freak and outcast. And now, we just can't say enough good about him. June 26 at 12:19pm
• You simply cannot overstate the patience required to get through a pack of lightning words with a six-year-old every day. Oh man, it's killing me. June 25 at 12:37pm
• If picking up a group of happy, grubby, punchy, exhausted teenaged girls from Girls Camp doesn't melt your heart, not much will. June 19 at 9:23am
• really had fun watching her kids on the BMX track this afternoon. Joseph was a daredevil from the start; Caleb was a tenacious little guy. The wheels on his squeaky little bike are about half the size of anyone else's out there, but he did it. June 15 at 3:37pm
• just foiled Joseph and his friends' plot to somehow turn a tube of lipgloss they found in the front yard into dynamite while Caleb distracted me in the other room (a plan which they discussed in loud whispers around the corner from where I'm sitting.) Phew. THAT was a close one. June 9 at 11:51am •
• put an offer on a house! Exciting! May 30 at 7:05pm
• I think I found our house! And I'm staying in such a friendly, nice hostel. And Colorado is so, so beautiful. Great trip so far! May 29 at 8:32pm
• is excited to go find us a home in Colorado!! I leave tomorrow. May 27 at 7:29pm
• I defy anyone to watch this sweet video and not feel a bit of your faith in humanity restored. I've been watching it sort of obsessively the past few days, noting how genuine and open and unjaded the kids' faces are, and feeling so incredibly happy that they are blessed with this choir teacher, and feeling a little more hopeful about the future each time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2p5augniQA May 24 at 1:29pm
• just found her son buck naked high up in a tree in the back yard. Apparently his clothes "fell off" and "got caught on a branch." What should I make of this? Is it wrong that I'm laughing? Should I be worried? May 19 at 11:16am
• thinks that season finale for Lost was AWESOME. May 13 at 9:00pm
• is having a very nice day with her mom who is visiting. May 8 at 12:35pm
• is disturbed by the broken-off pencil tip currently lodged in her wrist too deeply to get out. Never fear, I've got a doctor's appointment in a few hours to get it out. But still, the idea of it is grossing me out. Plus, it hurts. May 6 at 12:38pm
• I'm captivated by this Apartment Therapy book I got from the library about interior design in small living spaces. The featured people are so clever and talented! And their homes look so good! Also, they have no small children. May 3 at 7:47pm
• feels so hopeful and good about the future, I can't even think of anything to worry about. I guess I'll just have to enjoy the day :)April 24 at 1:30pm
• can almost feel that Rocky Mountain high already. We're moving to Colorado this summer! Woohoo! April 18 at 4:21pm
• is impressed by these graphical representations of the recession nationally: http://www.slate.com/id/2216238/ and in Dayton: http://daytonology.blogspot.com/2009/04/recession-comes-to-dayton.htmlApril 15 at 12:49pm
• is overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of cute aprons and thank-you notes for sale on etsy. April 13 at 10:01am
• apparently thinks nothing says "Good Friday" like taking the kids to Burger King for dinner. Give me a break! Nephi is out of town! April 10 at 5:02pm
• is impressed that Caleb was able to completely fabricate an injured knee for 12 hours and not slip up or forget which knee was "hurt" even once, until suddenly ten minutes ago it was miraculously healed! The guy is good. April 6 at 8:36am
• The sun is shining, General Conference cinnamon rolls are rising, it is a nice day. April 4 at 9:05am
• is thinking her FB friends alone are going to turn around this housing crisis. From status bars, it looks like two closed today, another two have had offers accepted, and another is seriously looking. Congrats, you all! Enjoy the $8000! April 3 at 8:03pm
• totally got taken by this April fools story. My jaw could not have dropped any farther as I was listening. I love Marketplace. http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2009/04/01/pm_new_staging/April 1 at 8:47pm
• just got three kids t-shirts, a pair of kids shorts, two skirts, a pair of capris, a shirt for me, and a shirt for Nephi for $16.27. And they're all reasonably nice. Why do people shop retail again? March 28 at 3:38pm
• is wondering if her angel food cake now inverted on a vinegar bottle is going to fall out all over the counter or not. If I were a betting sort of gal I'd accept wagers...March 28 at 11:55am
• just had a waffle with blackberries and whipped cream for breakfast. Yum. March 28 at 6:04am
• now knows that it is neither as cheap nor quick to sew camo bandanas for Joseph's party as she thought. Next time: Oriental Trading. Gooooo cheap Chinese labor. March 24 at 10:01pm
• can report that if you wash a stick of pink sidewalk chalk with a load of laundry, it does NOT disintegrate and make everything pink, as one might expect. Phew. March 23 at 12:42pm
• thinks it is a great blessing to be a member of a ward family. March 21 at 6:42pm
• I'm wondering if anyone outside her family and friends had ever heard of the unfortunate Natasha Richardson before yesterday? Why front page news? March 19 at 8:25pm
• is cooking our corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes a day late. March 18 at 3:42pm
• loves that there are neighborhood kids for my kids to play with SO MUCH. March 13 at 1:53pm
• has a crazy talent for estimating how much her groceries will cost. I'm almost always within $3. Except at Costco where I'm always under by at least $20.March 12 at 8:50am
• is proud she chose not to fight the battle over whether her 5yo should use colorful borders around papers on his science fair poster to make it look better. March 11 at 11:10am
• is starting to think maybe she does know the "People You May Know" after seeing their faces and names so many times...March 10 at 10:01am
• spends way too much time researching vague future possibilities. I have an in-depth understanding of the real estate market of so many cities! March 6 at 1:24pm
• loves that it's 62 outside. The kids are playing outside in shorts and no shoes, blowing bubbles, and feeling exuberant. Ahh, spring. March 5 at 2:16pm
• offers you this if you have an afternoon to kill: http://www.youshouldhaveseenthis.com especially #80 and #88.February 28 at 12:40pm
• is bemused that she came home from (a rather unfortunate) dinner at Big Boy to a box of locally grown organic produce from her CSA. February 27 at 7:51pm
• loves Wallace Stegner. February 27 at 12:42pm
• just played a game of Chutes and Ladders, and it didn't last FOREVER and no one ran to their room crying. AMAZING. February 26 at 7:57am
• is TRYING to restrain herself from posting something snarky about last night. February 25 at 7:01am
• thinks being the Tickle Monster, Hugs Monster, and Kissing Monster is one of the very best parts of being a mom. February 24 at 9:08am
• is feeling better about life in general today. It feels good! February 22 at 11:28am
• aspires to live the anti-Electrolux lifestyle. I hate that commercial!!! February 18 at 8:08pm
• is having a grey, rainy day. February 18 at 1:19pm
• is ready to not be sick anymore. February 15 at 2:23pm
• is blowing her nose, laying on the couch, and reading The Walking Drum. That book is a hoot!! Perfect escapism. February 13 at 2:16pm
• wonders: are kids actually or just functionally incapable of putting cookie cutters along the edge of the dough? Also: is the mess worth the memories? February 12 at 1:10pm
• can sure get snippy with her kids when she needs to eat lunch...February 11 at 10:57am
• suggests listening to old This American Life episodes while cooking dinner. It makes it a lot more fun. February 10 at 8:08pm
• thinks COSI is a great museum. But the mental energy to keep track of three kids in a crowded museum was draining. Also: not only WV roads make Caleb carsick. February 7 at 4:45pm
• can't understand why high ranking politicians don't just hire a good tax attorney and pay their blasted taxes. February 3 at 1:26pm
• just had a near miss with an icicle impaling itself in her brain as she stepped outside to take out the trash. Phew. January 31 at 3:35pm
• is amazed by how viral this 25 Things thing is. But I like it! It's fun to read about you all! Mine is on the way sometime soon...January 29 at 3:25pm
• can't believe how huge and fluffly the snowflakes are that are falling right now. January 28 at 6:20am
• just played the most absurd family game of team checkers ever, ending when Caleb spontaneously fell onto the floor and brought the board with him. January 27 at 5:05pm
• just drank some hot cocoa and watched "I Have a Dream." There is never going to be such an amazing MLK Day again. January 19 at 6:18pm
• is breaking out her Obama gear again and is SO EXCITED about tomorrow. January 19 at 6:51am
• saw it was 15 degrees and thought, "It's really warming up today!" and saw gas was $1.79 and thought, "Gas is getting expensive." All is relative, I guess. January 17 at 7:42pm
• is getting ready to go sledding with her kids. Woohoo! Take that, all you SoCal "it's 80 degrees, I'm going to the beach" pansies!! January 15 at 7:57am
• thinks her kids do very endearing impressions of birds-of-paradise mating dances. January 10 at 10:22am
• is shocked to learn that bananas are going to be gone in a generation! Wow, I'm glad all my kids will be raised by then. What will my grandkids eat?! January 8 at 11:42am
• is kind of embarrassed by how much she's looking forward to new Lost episodes in a few weeks... January 7 at 9:13pm
• recommends reading this if you want to feel even more nervous about your 401K. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/04/opinion/04lewiseinhorn.html?_r=1&em January 6 at 9:23pm
• can't help feeling glad that people aren't buying as much junk they don't need. Can't we build an economy that doesn't depend on people consuming way too much? January 5 at 3:12pm
• wouldn't mind getting these Hannah Montana songs out of my head. January 4 at 1:51pm
• really enjoyed watching that football game last night. Go Utes! (BCS resentment trumps BYU loyalty here.) January 3 at 5:23pm
• thinks it's a good omen for the new year that the person who ran into us and drove off has insurance that is going to pay to fix our car. What are the chances? January 1 at 11:47am

4 comments:

Mitchell Family said...

If everyone's status updates were as witty and interesting as yours, I could tolerate facebook.

Mitchell Family said...

Oh yes, and if I had anything witty or interesting to say myself.

Deborah said...

This is so fun to read - how did you put this together?

Gina said...

Deborah - I spent way too much time cutting and pasting one day. I'm sure there's a much more clever way to do it.